Google Ads

Wednesday 20 August 2014

How to Get back your Credit Card Tax $50?

Do you know that now the Government Tax $50 on your crdeit card can be waived?

When this tax imposed few years back there is no one in the industry able to come out something creative to waive this Tax.
It is indeed a heavy burden to the card holder. Of course it is a way that Government want to cut down the bad debt caused by the credit card.

This week I received my credit card bill. It is my RHB card renewal month.
In the statement the Annual Membership fees is $70 and $50 for Tax.

As yearly event,I called to the customer service hotline to waive my Annual Membership fees.
It was done in 30 seconds.

This year want to try my luck on asking how to waive the Tax charge to me.
Below is the brief conversation:

Me:"I would like to request to waive my $50 Tax also, can you help?"
Customer Service Officer:"You may use your reward point to offset it"
Me:"But I do not have enough reward point to offset, any other way"
Customer Service Officer:"Ok,We will able to waive the Tax provided that you fulfill the below condition"
Me:"Okay, can you let me know?"
Customer Service Officer:"From today till the next 60 days, you need to use your card 3 times regardless of any amount. The $50 will be reverse in your 3rd month bill.You still need to pay the $50 for this bill first"
Me:"Okay,that is good and appreciate that, Thank You"

Moral of this,we need to ask and keep asking to find out more.
It also depend in what question to ask in order to get the right answer.

Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment