Google Ads

Thursday 20 November 2014

Applying PBA and TNB on behalf of Owner

After getting the key for our first rental unit at Park view,I went to apply for the PBA (Perbadanan Bekalan Air) and TNB (Tenaga Nasional Berhad) for our unit.

Since our proxy is not coming, before I went to the PBA and TNB, I already ask my Proxy prepared an Authorization letter and photocopy of his NRIC. I will be applying on behalf.

First stop is going to the PBA near the Jetty. The address is as follow:
Taman Selat
No 77 Taman Selat,Jalan Bagan Luar
12000 Butterworth,Pulau Pinang

The moment I step into the PBA office, there is a middle age man arguing with two officer about his application.
They talked so loud until the whole office can hear them. If I heard correctly, PBA officer told him that his house meter is belong to new owner.
Someone has sold his house away and the water meter ownership has changed. He seem puzzled and not agreed. The PBA officer show them the SPA document etc.
Then the man start to call anyone he can help.

I only waited for less than 5 minutes and call for my turn.
I submitted the pre-prepare documents:

1) Photocopy of SNP
2) Authorization letter
3) Owner NRIC
4) RM10 stamp duty

I did not photocopy of my own NRIC, she help me to do it.
The officer required me to sign 3 more forms which is on behalf.

The account will be issued under the PROXY name.

Total PBA application cost:
Since the current owner is not terminate yet. So I need to pay RM10 for the stamp duty.
The deposit is RM70.

Stamp Duty:RM10
Deposit: RM70 (Will be refunded to owner by cheque upon termination in future)

At this moment, the middle-aged man wife call and talked to the officer to clarify the confusion caused.
The havoc arise due to the wrong address given, the man seem relief after knowing his house is not sold to others without his knowledge.
The PBA officer told me that the problem of having too many houses and mixed up with the address.

This is first time I do on behalf on the Proxy.Overall the process quite smooth.

The next stop will be the TNB at Seberang Jaya.
The address is as follow:
Kedai Tenaga
Jalan Tenaga Seberang Jaya,
13700, Prai, Pulau Pinang

I queue to get my ticket for the transaction. I told the officer that I am applying the TNB on behalf of the owner. After giving the property details, the officer mentioned that I cannot do it today because the current owner not yet terminate his account.


Her advice is as follow:





Scenario 1:
1.0) Fill up the cancellation form by the owner and sign
1.1) Bring the form together with his Photocopy NRIC
2.0) The new owner also need to fill up the form and signed
2.1) Bring the form together with new owner Photocopy NRIC

3.) A copy of SNP


Scenario 2:
1) If cannot locate the current owner, can inform TNB for new application
2) TNB will give the new owner 2 weeks period, if the current owner no response, the new owner application will be approved.
3) Of course the following documents still required:

  • The new owner also need to fill up the form and signed
  • Bring the form together with new owner Photocopy NRIC
  • A copy of SNP
A day ended with only 1 mission accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment