Google Ads

Tuesday 1 July 2014

Dealing with unknown Property agent

Dealing with unknown agent

Do you have any problem dealing with your property agent?
Such as how can you trust him in your first meeting?
Do you dare to hand over the booking cheque to him during your first visit?

Below is one of the question raised by my friend,Horse:

"Say, we go view the property with an agent 1st time met, then decided to buy, then how safe is to give him the check straight away.
My guess is, if he have the access to open the door or get owner to open, then shd be safe right."

What will be your guess? Safe or not safe?

I will reflect my dealing last week for Pangsapuri Widuri viewing.
I called the property agent,David from the mudah.my and arrange for viewing.
However, David show me 70% non livable condition units.
Only 1 unit which is Lock and not able to enter for viewing.
Can only view from the outside.Reason given is the unit is booked by some one and is under loan application.
I only can view provided the loan is not approved.

At the same time, David told me that there are few potential buyers line up and eagerly to buy this unit as well.
What will be the best way for me to have the priviledge and the only potential buyer to view the unit first?

Verbal agreement does not bind in the first meeting.
Obviously David will not convinced if I tell him that I am commit to buy this unit if all are within my expectation.
In this situation, my only bet is I have to show him my sincerity and commitment.
I issued him a 1% booking cheque even before viewing the interior condition of the unit.

Let's reflect back on Horse question above, what I am doing is totally contrasting his question.
Buyer a property is a people business. Is how do we deal with people to build trust and relationship.
Is hard to say is it safe or not to make the call during first meeting, the only way to judge,is the person who has direct contact with them.

Eventhough we do have friends or relatives we know for decades, still can cheat our hard earned money away.

Put it this way, agent also out there to make their living. This is their business and they have to keep their dignitiy and trust hold.
Otherwise,he will only make his short term income by cheating 1%? Of course, when you handover the 1% cheque, you will have to see all the relevant documents such as below:

1) Booking form
2) Legal Ownership information
3) The company of the agent tied too
4) You may put down some of the special request to the booking form
5) Receipt of the booking fees.

Oh yeah, David did not issue me the booking form,receipts or any on the above 5 items stated.
He said that will give all the above 5 items once I confirmed to buy the unit. My 1% booking cheque just to help me to lock in the viewing priviledge.

Very safe to use Cheque as medium of transaction
If the transaction using cheque,it is very safe. I would suggest that all transaction related to the property, the safest way of transact is to use cheque.
It can help you to have full control of your money. Make good use of ur cheque to the fullest to your advantage.

No comments:

Post a Comment